Sunday, June 21, 2009

WTC Aquathlon 17/06/09

Wednesday was the first of 3 aquathlons WTC are holding this year. I probably shouldn't be doing them as I'm training for the longer stuff but I felt obliged as it was a club race. I didn't have any plan I was wearing an old wetsuit as my Bro in law was wearing my new one, so I thought I wouldn't have a great swim. Anyway, we were swimming with the current, the start was a bit messy but it settled out and I got into my stroke. It went ok, 10.33mins got to transition and then the fun started. I was running in my Newtons and didn't have lock laces so stupidly tied the laces thinking I'd get my feet in no probs........ big mistake, wet feet, took me ages!!! lost a lot of ground in transition so I had to work really hard to make up the lost time and places. I started the run hard and just went with it, hard all the way, passed all the guys I wanted and then got Jim about 200m from the end. Happy days. I had a sub 18min run for about 4.8km, good running for me. Came in about 27th out of 120 guys, not bad. I really enjoyed the race and it was great preparation for the Mulloughmore sprint Triathlon which was coming up at the weekend. More on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment