Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And it begins.......

Where do I start. My first blog......

Right, its now 18 days since I completed Ironman Lanzarote. This was my second IM. I also completed Lanzarote in 2008 and I'm in recovery mode. Part of the reason for starting this blog is to ensure I stay motivated and return to training as quickly as I can. I had a summer slump in 2008 after the IM. I did a few races but my heart wasn't in it. I coasted on the base and IM training I had put in for Lanzarote and as a result finished the year injured!!!!!!

This year will be different.

First of all I have a great coach, www.markallenonline.com and second I have a half IM to complete in Estonia in August, exactly 10 weeks out from IM Florida in November. I'm in for a long year's training.

Recovery:
Since IM Lanzarote, I have been on a few weeks recovery, deserved, may I add, as I finished 1 hour quicker than 2008. My 2009 time 11.46hrs. I'm on a recovery programme at the moment, not exactly sticking to it 100% but doing enough to tick over. I have  8 sessions, 2 swim, 2 bike, 2 run and 2 weights. My plan for the rest of this week is to build on last weeks training so when my next peak performance schedule starts, I'll be ready for it.  Oh and as I'm in a sea swim club I have races every sunday and from July wednesday also and of course work!!!

My aim is to try and update this blog as often as I can, at least weekly for the remainder of the season. Lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment